- This position should be a person who has the total knowledge of most repairs overhead and maintenance of equipment.
- This person is capable of working alone and with little or no supervision.
- Performs PM Inspections.
- Performs Post Trip Inspections.
- Repairs and replaces tires, clutches and brakes.
- Performs complete engine overhaul.
- Completes differential, transmission and driveline overhead.
- Repair and replacement of any bolt on item.
- Complete inspection and repair of all special equipment.
- Major electrical repair.
- Performs mentorship/training to lower level mechanics.
- May be required to work temporarily at field locations maintaining/repairing equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
1. Ability to carry/lift up to 75 lbs.
2. Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves heavy manual labor.
3. Ability to maintain alertness and acuity that is not typically impaired by any medication, diet, or physical condition.
4. Ability to bend, stoop, squat, sit and maneuver in confined spaces.
5. Ability to wear respirators in environments that may expose you to chemicals, fumes, etc.
6. Ability to maintain workloads that may include travel to a variety of states for days or weeks, and daily timeframes that could exceed the typical 8-hour shift.
1. Must be able to determine how to weld/repair equipment in the most effective manner.
2. Must determine safest method of performing job. Must be able to work in reflected heat of welding equipment
- Knowledge of Diesel engine rebuilding and trouble shooting skills.
- 2 Years of technical school, or on the job experience preferred.
- High school education acceptable.
- Specific exposure to an equipment or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools for general equipment repair.
- Equipment systems experience a plus.
- Must have effective oral and written communications effective listening skills, and ability to interact with others.
- Professional oral and written interpersonal communication ideal.
- 4-5 years of diesel shop experience acceptable.
- 5 or more years of diesel shop experience preferred.