Milton CAT is seeking a Power Systems Service Technician Trainee. Trainees will work with qualified Service Technicians or other trainers to learn to diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintain customer and company heavy equipment and components. Depending on the location and assignment, the Technician Trainee will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required.
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are correct and complete at time of order.
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains vocational trucks, engines, and power generation equipment.
- Tests, measures, and adjusts vocational trucks, engines, and power generation equipment.
- Prepares, inspects and operates vocational trucks, engines, and power generation equipment prior to delivery.
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Knowledge of CAT vocational trucks, engines, and power generation equipment or similar equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems (transmissions, engines, generators, hydraulics, etc.).
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Build and maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Associates degree in a related field.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.