Clean Harbors South Plainfield, NJ is looking for a Diesel Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! This Mechanic maintains and repairs a variety of heavy equipment including forklifts, track hoes, excavators, roll off trucks, tractor trailers, tankers, and vacuum trucks. This position is home nightly and a First Shift.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Corrects all equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment as prescribed by management;
- Performs thorough inspection of equipment and identifies unsatisfactory condition;
- Assures that all equipment is properly secured prior to work/repairs, that is, proper use of chock blocks, jack stands;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for tracking PM schedules.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Heavy Equipment repair and maintenance experience preferred;
- Diesel engine experience preferred;
- Previous experience with DOT out of service criteria required;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Must have own basic hand tools;
- Previous experience repairing and maintaining Vacuum trucks is an asset.
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.