Ready to move your career forward? As an experienced Technician I at Penske, you’ll do exactly that at our north Kent branch. Here, you’ll perform preventative maintenance and repairs of all levels on the newest and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
As a Technician I at Penske, you are a respected, experienced lead at your location—a master technician. You set an example and informally mentor others while learning from your manager. You are trusted to work independently while doing major and minor repairs, performing road tests to diagnose problems and completing maintenance tasks.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, your skills and experience are recognized. You’ll get to work on lots of different types of equipment—not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
Yes, we know you are experienced, and we will rely on your experience and leadership. But we’ll also teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are continuing to get the training you need to advance in your career. You’ll be inspired and encouraged by the best in the industry. We take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are an experienced truck and trailer technician and are interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
The diesel technician will have these major responsibilities:
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
- Doing preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment with little or no supervision and in a timely manner
- Repairing and troubleshooting major components such as engines, transmissions and differentials, including replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components, etc.
- Keeping your work area clean and safe
- Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
- Learning new skills through Penske’s technician training
- Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
- Competitive starting salary
- Career stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
- Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment (Penske’s Technician Certification Program is certified as a Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
- Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
- Location and schedule flexibility
Schedule expectations are Tuesday through Saturday, swing shift
To succeed in this role, the technician will have the following qualifications:
- 6 years of practical experience with truck and tractor-trailer maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent (required); vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair (preferred)
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications (preferred)
- Experienced using all tools of the trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, and hand and power tools)
- Valid CDL driver’s license (must also have or be willing to get an air brake certification)
- The ability to solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions
- Basic computer skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers’ yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education) and pass a drug screening
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ to learn more.
Ready to turn wrenches? Apply for this position and start your career today.
Keywords: Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu