Does skilled mechanical work on a variety of diesel and gasoline powered equipment; and does related work as required.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in motorized equipment.
- Makes emergency repairs in the field.
- Performs general overhaul of motors, clutches, transmissions, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, pumps and brakes as required.
- Crawl under and climb on vehicles for repairs and inspections.
- Deliver vehicles.
- Work both indoors and outdoors including adverse weather conditions such as extreme cold, heat, and temperature swings.
- Account for labor and materials charged to departments on work orders,
- Display good decision making ability.
- Read written or follow oral instructions.
- Must have own tools.
- High School diploma.
- Valid Texas Drivers License, Class C required, with the ability to obtain a Class B-CDL within 60 days of employment.
- Five years experience in the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of motorized equipment.
- Uses good judgment to work safely and use equipment properly and supports the Safety Program.
- Lift, pull and push up to 100 pounds of parts inventory.
- Sit, stand, stoop, twist, and walk for extended periods of time during vehicle repairs and inspections.
$44,000.00 - $51,000.00 /year