STS Technical Services is hiring Diesel Mechanics, with a background on Class A trucks, in Madison Heights, Michigan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively.
- Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions.
- Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devises such as motor analyzers, handheld computers and chassis charts to determine how to address problems.
- Test drive vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be.
- Replace parts, valves, bearings and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems.
- Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience relevant experience
- Certified Diesel Tech
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.