Currently offering a $1500 Sign-on Bonus (ask for details)
Diesel School Bus Mechanic (Full-time, experienced)
Hours per week:40 (Mon.-Fri.); 1st shift (day time): hours vary between 5:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (typical 8 hour shift); weather dependent for early and late time frame.
Required Education: High School diploma or equivalent; 3 year graduate degree of technical or diesel mechanic program. ASE Certification preferred.
Required Experience: Paid experience as a diesel mechanic (3-5 years experience).
Successful candidates will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs to our school bus fleet. Must be able to obtain and maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with school bus (S) and passenger (P) endorsements and be willing to drive a school bus or other company vehicle when needed. Air brake endorsement is a plus to have.
- Computer/Technology skills: Experience preferred using the Internet for diagnostic testing and manufacturer information; any additional skills are helpful. ASE Certification.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to identify areas of concern and conduct repair or offer solutions.
- Ability to work in fast paced and deadline sensitive environment; flexibility.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Communicate effectively with management staff and vendors.
- Quality internal and external customer service skills.
· Competitive wages
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
· Vacation – Earned and Option to Purchase Additional Vacation Time Off
· Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
· Voluntary Worksite Benefits (Accident, Disability, Critical Illness, Long Term Care)
We Go The Extra Mile!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability