CIT Trucks is seeking highly motivated Diesel Technician Apprentices to join our new apprenticeship program. If you have preventative maintenance experience and are eager to become a skilled Diesel Technician by improving your technical and mechanical skills, this is a chance to start a successful, long-term career! This apprenticeship is a great opportunity for those who have not pursued a diesel technology degree but hope to gain on-the-job experience.
CIT Trucks offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package including:
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off
- Choice of three medical plans with prescription coverage
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% dollar-for-dollar employer match
- Training opportunities
- Interest-free tool purchase program
- Eligibility for monthly department bonus
- Shift premiums for 2nd Shift
- Opportunities for advancement
Entry-level Diesel Technician Apprentices start at $00.00/hour. Compensation and responsibilities are based on current certifications, job knowledge, relevant experience, and skill level.
The primary responsibilities of the Diesel Mechanic Apprentice are:
- Train on the job to gain experience and knowledge
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs
- Document progress on repairs
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicles
- Perform pre-delivery inspections
- Complete required online training
The qualifications for this position are:
- Preventive maintenance experience required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT medical card
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, move, and carry up to 120 pounds
Since 1975, CIT Trucks, LLC has grown to become a full-line commercial truck dealership group representing Kenworth, Volvo, Mack, Isuzu, and Autocar product lines in 17 locations throughout Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana. Learn more about us at cittrucks.com.
Questions about this position? Please call (309) 445-8100.
CIT Trucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relevant search terms: PACCAR MX-13 Cummins ISX15, ISX12 ISB6.7 ISL9 ISL G ISX12 G Volvo Mack Isuzu Eaton Allison Kenworth Meritor Bendix Autocar CAT Mechanic Tech Apprentice Intern Internship Auto Automotive Semi Heavy Equipment Heavy Duty Vehicle Shop Maintenance 65C