CIT Trucks is looking for a Diesel Technician Intern who is currently pursuing a degree or certificate in the diesel technology industry. Interns will work with technicians to apply what they are learning in school to perform repairs on diesel vehicles.
An internship with CIT Trucks offers the opportunity to:
- Get paid while gaining valuable work experience
- Earn college credit towards your degree or certificate
- Work around your school schedule
- Explore career opportunities
- Apply knowledge learned in the classroom
- Find mentors and make valuable connections
- Be considered for full-time employment after graduation
Diesel Technician Interns start at $16.00/hour. Compensation and responsibilities are based on current certifications, job knowledge, relevant experience, and skill level.
The primary responsibilities of the Diesel Technician Intern are:
- Develop skills through on-the-job training
- Perform inspections, minor repairs, and preventative maintenance services
- Detail interior and exterior of vehicles
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Follow all safety practices and procedures
The qualifications for this position are:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be pursuing a diesel technology degree or certificate
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical card
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, move, and carry up to 120 pounds
Since 1975, CIT Trucks, LLC has grown to become a full-line commercial truck dealership group representing Kenworth, Volvo, Mack, Isuzu, and Autocar product lines in 17 locations throughout Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana. Learn more about us at cittrucks.com.
Questions about this position? Please call (309) 445-8100.
CIT Trucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PACCAR MX-13 Cummins ISX15 ISX12 ISB6.7 ISL9 ISL G ISX12 G Volvo Mack Isuzu Eaton Allison Kenworth Meritor Bendix Autocar CAT Mechanic Tech Apprentice Student Trainee Semi Truck