At CIT Trucks, we are seeking Diesel Service Technicians who are able to help us ensure the highest quality repair and maintenance services for our customers. The role of the Diesel Mechanic is to perform repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty and medium-duty diesel vehicles in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic about learning.
CIT Trucks offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package including:
- Paid holidays and Paid Time Off
- Choice of three medical plans with prescription coverage
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% dollar-for-dollar employer match
- Training opportunities
- Interest-free tool purchase program
- Eligibility for monthly department bonus
- Shift premiums for 2nd Shift
- Opportunities for advancement
Entry-level Diesel Technicians start at $23.00/hour. Compensation and responsibilities are based on current certifications, job knowledge, relevant experience, and skill level.
The primary responsibilities of the Diesel Mechanic are:
- Perform diagnostics on medium and heavy-duty vehicles
- Repair various components which may include engines and other systems
- Perform inspection and preventative maintenance services
- Complete online training courses and attend instructor-led classes
- Follow all safety practices and procedures
The qualifications for this position are:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Diesel technology degree, certificate, or equivalent work experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and DOT medical card
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, move, and carry up to 120 pounds
Since 1975, CIT Trucks, LLC has grown to become a full-line commercial truck dealership group representing Kenworth, Volvo, Mack, Isuzu, and Autocar product lines in 17 locations throughout Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana. Learn more about us at cittrucks.com.
Questions about this position? Please call (309) 445-8100.
CIT Trucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relevant search terms: PACCAR MX-13 Cummins ISX15 ISX12 ISB6.7 ISL9 ISL G ISX12 G Volvo Mack Isuzu Eaton Allison Kenworth Meritor Bendix Autocar CAT Mechanic Tech