Job Title:Diesel Tractor Mechanic Trainee
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:Under close supervision, this position is responsible for gaining foundational knowledge of tools, equipment, shop safety, and J.B. Hunt Shop rules, policies, and procedures. The incumbent will learn to become efficient in, but not limit to, Air Break Systems and FHWA Inspections and the general repairs associated with them. This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
• Shadow a senior team member to learn to perform repairs to company and manufacturer's specifications complete work orders, and train to be efficient in company requirements for standard repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
• Train to become efficient in routine preventative maintenance, replacement of parts/components, basic repair as it pertains to air brake systems and FHWA Inspections.
• Maintain professional communication with JB Hunt personnel and customers at all times.
• Understand and effectively follow all shop safety procedures.
- 18 years of age
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to read documents and/or information in English
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Basic active listening skills
- Basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer
- Basic deductive reasoning skills
- Basic organizational skills
- Basic time management skills
Education:GED, High School
Job Opening ID:00369542 Diesel Tractor Mechanic Trainee (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”