Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking a Truck and Trailer Mechanic for our Spartanburg Recycling location. The Mechanic will be responsible for inspecting and maintaining on and off-road vehicles, including truck fleet and heavy industrial equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• A clear understanding and adherence to safety regulations to ensure safe execution of routine and/or turnaround maintenance work.
• Help keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire changes.
• Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components found on the preventive maintenance inspection, and determining the (RCA) of the failure.
• Follows good housekeeping standards.
• Complies with Federal DOT vehicle inspection requirements.
• Maintains complete and accurate maintenance documentation (work orders).
• Operate forklift, ability to Drive Truck and Trailer.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Make recommendations for process and system improvements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Five years previous mechanical experience preferred, to include minor engine repair on diesel engines.
• Previous experience with hydraulics, wiring and working on heavy equipment preferred.
• Must provide own tools to perform the job.
• Valid driver's license and compliance with CMC's safety policy required.
• Thorough knowledge of DOT inspection criteria required.
• Must meet CMC attendance standards.
• Ability to interact with co-workers and customers in a positive manner, follow directions and work rules and accept constructive feedback required.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull, lift, kneel, squat, crawl and reach.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification required, including weekends and holidays.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred