1. Passes menus to appropriate patients according to name and room number, and presents a positive image to customer.
2. Portions food for tray line.
3. Stocks and restocks tray line stations with food supplies.
4. Serves tray line station at mealtime.
5. Assists in loading trays onto meal trucks.
6. Prepares and delivers patient between-meal nourishments for Mount Auburn Hospital and necessary tube feedings.
7. Inventories par stock for specific designated nursing units.
8. Delivers late trays to patients.
9. Retrieves trays from patient care area.
10. Cleans and sanitizes assigned work area.
11. Scrapes dishes and loads dishes and trays into dishwasher.
12. Resets tray line for next meal.
13. Works continuously to improve the total quality of the department and other departments within the institution.
14. Works under direction of lead diet aide and food services supervisor.
1. Ability to read English and comprehend and follow verbal and some written instructions.
2. Ability to read and write at level three as documented on "Invest," the hospital's Employee Learning Laboratory software.
3. Communication skills relevant to delivering patient trays and for all contacts in the hospital.