COME THRIVE WITH US!
Part-Time - Weekday and Weekend Evenings (4:30pm - 8:30pm)
The Forest at Duke's mission is to provide a caring, responsible community that fosters the independence of residents of retirement age by enhancing their capability to lead purposeful, active, healthy and secure lives. Moreover, we strive to be the preferred provider of services for older adults in the Durham community.
The Diet Aide position is responsible for providing assistance in all dietary functions including but not limited to diet orders, menus, resident visits, and tray line. Additionally, this position assists with sanitation in the health care center in accordance with current applicable Federal, State, and Local Standards, guidelines and regulations, and with our established policies and procedures. This position reports to the Health & Wellness Dining Service Manager or designee.
Key Position Qualifications Include:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Prior experience in healthcare setting preferred
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to maneuver utility and tray carts
- Must be able to bend, lift, and stand intermittently during work hours
- Must have good communication skills and be able to read and speak directions in English
- Must have the ability to follow instructions, work well with others, and maintain good rapport with residents and other staff
Key Performance Success Indicators Include:
- Served food in Healthcare Center dining room according to established service procedures.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation rules and regulations
- Experience with collecting and tallying resident menus
- Maintaining a customer oriented approach
What's in it for you?
- Minimum starting pay rate of $11.00 per hour
- Generous 403-B retirement plan company match
- Company paid employee assistance program (for you and your immediate family)
- Paid time off
…and so much more!
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please complete an employment application for immediate consideration.
If you have questions, HR is here to help.
The Forest at Duke is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, disability, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, gender, gender identity or any other class of unique or protected character.