Diet Aide, Per Diem
PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION:
You will work with other team members to provide our customers with quality meals. A quality meal is a mean prepared and served in a safe and timely manner that meets our customers’ needs. Change is the norm, there is always a way to do something better and you will be challenged to find that way.
You will work with other team members to achieve the department goal of a Gold Standard Department, a department that exceeds the standards set by JCAHO and the state of MA.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY:
As a Diet Aide, you are delegated the authority, responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every job has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Answers phones and takes messages in a courteous manner.
Adjusts Acute menus properly.
Portions are followed according to tally for the meal.
Properly stocks the filter fresh machines.
Tally requirements are completely met.
All food and beverage items are properly rotated.
Prepares and properly presents coffee carts and functions on time.
Work station is set up prior to scheduled start time.
Starts tray line on time.
Prepares and delivers nourishments.
Job performance does not hinder the speed of tray line.
Serves tray line accurately according to menu and diet.
Pours no more than 4 coffees and teas ahead of time.
Places milks in freezer 1 hour prior to tray service.
Operates tray carts in a safe manner.
Prepares and delivers late trays as requested.
Completes floor stocking accurately.
All items used are properly labeled and dated.
Breaks down work station and properly stores items after tray line.
Maintains department sanitation through check as you work style.
Utilizes proper cleaning methods and solutions.
Follows cleaning list.
Wears a hairnet or restraint.
Cleans floor refrigerators.
Properly washes dish carts.
Washes hands at shift start and as required throughout shift.
Wears a clean uniform.
Picks up dish carts and trays in a timely manner.
Properly sets up dish machine and dish room area.
Completes cart unloading and dish loading in timely fashion.
All dishes are put back in proper locations.
Dish room walls, floors and machine are cleaned properly.
Set up café serving area for service – adequate supplies are available.
Helps prepare items for the salad bar.
Keeps salad bar stocked during service times.
Wears gloves and hair covering.
Greets customers, is pleasant and professional.
Service is efficient.
Keeps area clean and free of clutter.
All areas clean and free of clutter.
All areas are stocked before leaving for the day.
Ala Carte Mean Evaluation is conducted weekly.
RSVP scores show continuous improvement.
Dishes are put back in proper positions.
Plate warmer is used.
Customer counts and sales show an increase over prior year.
Pre meal taste panel and temperatures are completed.
Dates are checked on all cooler items.
Vending machines stocked as needed per schedule.
Cash drawer is counted and accurate at beginning and end of shirt.
Deposit is counted and accurate at beginning and end of shift.
Deposit is counted and accurately detailed.
Over short is within .005of Z out tape.
Over rings are circles on the register tape.
Over rings are documented on the over ring sheet.
Uses clean as you go method.
Keeps dining and services areas clean throughout meal period.
Follows cleaning list.
Wears clean uniform.
Washes hands at shift start and throughout shift.
All items are labeled and dated.
Tray return area is kept clean.
• Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours
• Is subject to frequent interruptions
• Is involved with patients, residents, staff, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances
• Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family members, etc.
• Communicates with the medical staff and other hospital departments’ staff
• Attends and participates in continuing training programs as they relate to the position
• May be exposed to infectious waste and diseases
• Is subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients
• Must be constantly alert for patient safety
• Must be able to read, write legibly, speak clearly and understand the English language
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely fashion
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with staff, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
• Must possess the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel and the general public
• Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day
• Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner
• Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of positions
• Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met
• Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with the CEO, physicians, department managers and the general public
• Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability
• Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the facility
• Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
High school education.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
Prior experience in foodservice preferred.
Must be able to be on feet whole shift, lift amp; push 30 pounds
Customer service skills
MA-Oak Bluffs-MVH Martha's Vineyard Hospital
MVH Martha's Vineyard Hospital (MVHMain)
1 Hospital Road
Oak Bluffs, 02557