Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a PRN Diet Clerk.
We are seeking a PRN Diet Clerk at Medical City Lewisville to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you – our treasured patients – with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting.
The PRN Diet Clerk ensures all patients’ diet orders are completed accurately by maintaining up to date order information, editing menus following the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Manual, obtaining patient menu selections, communicating menu needs to production team, assembling food trays following food safety guidelines, and delivering food trays to patients.
The Diet Clerk is responsible for the following:
- Performs clerical and technical tasks associated with the transcribing, calculation, and actual assembly and distribution of patient meals, nourishments, or formulas as ordered by the physician.
- Processes, modifies, collects, and checks patient menus for each meal, updating menus with most current information to assure compliance with dietary modification and restrictions.
- Obtains appropriate menu/food selection for neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric, and physically challenged patients for each meal.
- Maintain effective communication with patient and family. Ensures patients are informed about diet and additional food item availability.
- Maintains computer systems with accurate and current data.
- Interpret diet preferences and contact dietitian as needed.
- Communicate menu selections to production team through written production sheets.
- Takes temperatures of food following food safety protocol prior to serving each meal.
- Participate on tray line at each meal service, checking trays for accuracy.
- Receive, store and maintain food and office/supplies in an orderly and sanitary manner.
- Assist in maintaining all kitchen utensils, equipment and physical surfaces in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of staff and patients.