PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Diet Clerk functions as support in the nutritional care of patients. The primary responsibilities are processing of diet orders, obtaining patient’s menu selection via CBord computer system and correcting those menus to ensure selections meet physician-prescribed diet order, checking tray line for accuracy to patient menu selection and prescribed physician diet order, and communicating effectively to ensure high quality food service to patients.
- Business telephone etiquette, articulate and professional.
- Customer service/guest relations skills.
- Intermediatecomputer skills.
- Knowledge of normal andmodified diets.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required
- Must be able to speak, write and read English and do simple math
- Must have a minimum six (6) months experience working in a hospital diet office.
- Knowledge of modified diets is required(Renal, Dysphagia, Controlled Carbohydrate, Cardiac, Sodium Controlled, etc)
- Able to process diet orders, tube feedings, diet changes and NPO orders accurately
- Minimum six (6) months experience checking tray-line to ensure meal trays meet prescribed diet order
- Intermediate computer skills required prior experience working with Computrition, CBord or any other computerized diet office system helpful.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V