Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital's highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
The Dietary Tech assists in the preparation and service of patient/catered meals. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide service to the age of the patients served throughout the hospital. Individual must be able to modify diets according to diet order received for the patient. The Dietary Tech will answer calls from patients, perform tray assessments, meal rounds, stock nutritional centers, and follow sanitation and cleanliness guidelines. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patients and interpret appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her dietary specific needs, and to provide the service needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures and skills check lists. Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a therapeutic and safe environment for those served. Must effectively interact with patients, visitors, and health team members while maintaining quality standards.
- Current Davis County food handler's permit is required.
- Prior food service experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to push food carts and remain on feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and push up to 250 lbs. with assistance.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours that allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments organized to ensure a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.