Do you enjoy preparing delicious meals? Are you compassionate and have a longing to serve individuals who may struggle with health and physical limitations? Would you like to foster your passion for the culinary arts?
As a dietary aide, you will assist in food preparation and presentation to our guests – a great part of their day!
The Laurels of Dekalb offers one of the leading employee benefit packages in the industry, including health insurance, 401K with matching funds, paid time off and paid holidays. When you work with The Laurels of Dekalb, you will join an experienced, hard-working team that values communication and collaboration.
Why just work when you can help shape a legacy?
- Handles and stores all food according to facility procedures and safe food handling guidelines.
- Assists with food preparation as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares food items according to standardized recipes insuring safe food handling practices.
- Assists with the set-up of the food tray line.
- Assembles diet trays and delivers tray carts to dining areas or to units.
- Cleans dishes, utensils and equipment according to facility procedures.
- Assists in dishwashing operation and cleaning tasks.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year of experience as a food service aide in an institutional food service setting preferred.
About Laurel Health Care Company
Laurel Health Care Company (The Laurels) is a national provider of skilled nursing, subacute, rehabilitative and assisted living services dedicated to achieving the highest standards of care.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It's also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It's what we call "The Laurel Way of Caring", and it comes from within each one of us.
The Laurels was named a Great Place to Work for 2020 based on approximately 3,500 employee surveys that evaluated more than 60 elements of employee experience on the job, including employee pride in community impact, belief that their work makes a difference, and feeling their work has special meaning.