Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
We are currently only considering local candidates, near the Lynwood area, for this job opportunity.
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for hourly bonuses are available for direct care staff (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
California PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking to hire a self-motivated, efficient, responsible Dietary Aide - Cook to prepare nourishing dining room foods for the care and health needs of our residents. This is a direct hire: Full Time or Part Time positions and various shifts available to fit your schedule. If you have a passion for food and healthcare, you'll fit right in!
What You'll Do:
- Ensures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner for our residents. Uses proper tasting technique to ensure quality and pleasant taste prior to service.
- Prepares and pre-portions food (such as beverages, salads, desserts, and other items assigned by the Dietary Manager) for regular and therapeutic diets, according to the planned menu and directed production sheets.
- Uses proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established company policies and procedures.
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records food temperatures according to established policy.
- Assists with the setup tray line and checking of trays during dining service for accuracy. Assembles trays according to the planned menu and tray tickets, stated portion, resident food preferences, and diet order within the established time schedules.
- Other duties as assigned by Dietary Manager.
What You’ll Bring:
- 1 year of experience cooking and serving food in a fast paced kitchen, dining hall, or healthcare setting required.
- Maintain a current California Food Handler’s Card.
California PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.