To be considered for this position, please follow this link and complete our Employee Assessment!
The Dietary Aide performs designated work and cleaning routines for the Dietary Department and is accountable to the Dietary Manager. In absence of the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide is accountable to the Cook.
- High School graduate and previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and follow recipe directions, diet orders, tray cards and work assignments.
- Show a willingness to perform, routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Numerical accountability is necessary for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals as well as good motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various work routines such as preparing food items, serving trays, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning work areas.
- The Dietary Aide will be able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation and must be patient and tolerant toward staff, residents, and family members.
- Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment as assigned by the Dietary Manager.
- Provide assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals.
- Meet scheduled meal and snack times.
- Follow Federal and State long term care regulations and Dietary Department Policy and Procedures.
- Follow cleaning schedules and perform cleaning duties as scheduled.
- Assist in arranging tray cards, loading food carts and serving meals.
- Setting up the dining room and serving the residents.
- Wash and store dishes.
- Follow established reporting procedures for supplies and equipment needs.
- Report any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair. Report any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment. Report any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Assist in receiving and storing food supplies.
- Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Follow facility Infection Control policy.
- Ensure that all residents are treated fairly, and with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Report all grievances and complaints made by the resident to the Dietary Manager.
- Maintains compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to assume accountability for all data contained in the employee’s handbook.
- Perform other department duties assigned by the Dietary Manager.