Assist Dietary Cooks in the preparation and service of meals served to residents by performing the proper procedures as outlined by state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the preparation of food in quantities according to the menu, recipe and number of persons to be served
- Sets up dining room as instructed
- Prepares items such as salads and beverages
- Takes resident orders in dining room and serves meals to residents in a timely manner
- Cleans resident eating areas, work areas, equipment and utensils according to the proper procedures
- Collects and stacks dirty dishes on cart and returns cart to kitchen
- Washes cooking equipment, carts, pots, pans, dishes and utensils
- Cleans eating and prep surfaces, sweeps and mops floor
- Removes garbage
- Stores food in designated areas
- Reports any issues or problems that may arise to Dietary Manager
- Complies with state and federal sanitation standards
- Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards
- Attends in-services and other required meetings
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent ideal; no dietary experience required.
- Previous experience in a long-term care or hospital setting preferred.
The primary purpose of your position is to provide assistance in all dining services functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dining services policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE:None. On-the-job training is provided.
One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility preferred, but not necessary.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Must be able to follow oral and written communication.
Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of the dining service areas; must perform regular inspections of dietary services areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.