Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Full-Time & Part-Time Various Shifts Positions Available
Avamere at Chestnut Lane is a Deaf and Deaf/Blind Community.
The ideal candidate will be someone proficient in ASL or willing to learn (lessons will be provided).
Avamere at Chestnut Lane
1219 NE 6th Street.
Gresham, OR 97030
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide assistance in all food functions for our residents as directed by the Dietary Supervisor.
- Set up, deliver and serve food as directed.
- Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
- Assist Cook in preparing meals and checking diet trays before distribution.
- Prepare kitchen, food and supplies for the next meal.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas and maintain a clean, dry work environment free of hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Assist in daily cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of employment.
Serving the deaf, deafblind, and hard-of-hearing in Gresham, Oregon is where you’ll find Avamere at Chestnut Lane. They’ve been serving this community for over 16 years and was the first of its kind to open on the west coast. This location features 70 rooms and offers assisted living. Amenities include 24-hour staff, arts and craft studio, gardening, and an extensive activities calendar. Their engaging employee culture fosters trust and fun through their team, residents, and those just stopping by for a visit.
Avamere at Chestnut Lane is proud to be named one of Oregon’s most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal as the team continually strives to enhance the life of every person they serve.