Enlivant is seeking a Dietary Aide
at Willow Lake Place in Indianapolis, IN
Full-Time & Part-Time Available
We believe taking care of America’s aging population is not only a moral obligation but a true honor and privilege. With over 230 communities, we are striving to be the nation’s most trusted senior living provider. Our staff treats residents like family and serves them with the utmost integrity and compassion.
We are a certified “Great Place to Work” and we believe in not only making an impact in our industry but also with our employees. Our Benefits Plan is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce with competitive medical, dental, vision packages, and a 401k with a company match. We also offer a generous paid time off for eligible employees.
Development is one of our highest priorities and we provide personalized training, both face-to-face and online, to ensure employees are prepared for their roles. Through our Learning Management System (LMS), all employees have access to state-required regulatory courses, professional development and soft skills courses, and Continuing Education courses.
We invite you to start a rewarding career and make a difference in the lives of seniors today!
As the Dietary Aide, you will provide assistance to the Chef and Assistant Chef(s) while supporting the Dining operations for the community. You will be responsible for assisting with the initial food preparation, beverage service, and other necessary cleanups.
- Assist in prepping meals for cooking.
- Pour beverages per resident choice as the residents are seated in the dining room for each meal.
- Ensure that condiment containers are clean and filled.
- Obtain meal selection from resident and deliver meal selection to cook for service.
- Deliver filled plates to tables.
- Assist residents with dining needs during service.
- Serve meals in courses, removing soiled dishes from one course before providing next.
- Assist with prepping meals/snacks and plating food/modifying textures in the kitchen, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must work a full shift, come to work on time, and work overtime as needed.
- The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to take direction from the Chef
- Ability to work well with the memory care team
- Able to handle preparation duties
- Able to assist in memory care with plating and serving
- Must align with Enlivant’s mission, vision, values
- Experience with food service in a Server, Dietary Aide, or food prep role
- Experience in senior living, restaurant or banquet setting helpful
- Previous experience in assisted living/memory care.
- The ideal candidate will uphold the principles of our mission; to enrich life through meaningful relationships and vibrant communities.
- Actively express compassion for residents, staff, and guests.
- ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate (obtain within 90 days of employment)