The Dietary Aide performs designated work and cleaning routines for the Dietary Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment.
- Provides assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals.
- Meets scheduled meal and snack times.
- Follows all cleaning schedules and performs cleaning duties as assigned.
- Assists in loading food carts and serving meals.
- Sets up the dining room and helps serve patients.
- Assists in receiving and storing food supplies.
- Attends departmental and in-service educational programs.
- Follows defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Adheres to all appropriate sanitation and safety guidelines.
- One (1) year dietary aide experience required.
- Prior food service experience required.
- Valid Nevada Food Handler Certification required.
- Valid Serve Safe Certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable on state and local code requirements for food service establishments.
- Ability to prepare food combinations that add interest, contrast, and variety to a menu.
- Knowledge of appropriate safe food-handling techniques.
Desert Parkway offers competitive benefits to include:
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Healthcare spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- PTO Plan with holiday premium pay
- Discounted cafeteria meal plan
- Life insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are also available)
- Short- and long-term disability (with additional buy-in opportunities)