Full-time position with competitive wages and excellent benefit package.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs job duties safely as specified in the physical, sensory, and mental requirements.
2. Reads menus, recipes, and reviews the necessary steps in meal preparation with the Director of Dietary Services.
3. Prepares menu items in accordance with established standards.
4. Determines quantity of food needed in meal preparation.
5. Follows established recipes.
6. Uses proper food preparation and handling techniques.
7. Prepares substitute items to meet resident's individual needs.
8. Serves meals using portions listed on menu.
9. Covers, dates, and labels leftovers and stores properly.
10. Follows established security routine.
11. Uses proper infection control techniques and protective equipment as needed.
12. Supervises dietary staff in absence of Director of Dietary Services or Assistant Director of Dietary Services.
13. Receives and checks deliveries against invoices in absence of Director of Dietary Services or Assistant Director of Dietary Services.
14. Cleans and maintains the kitchen Facility in a safe and sanitary manner including floors, walls, all equipment and utensils.
15. Performs dish washing of pots, pans and other designated items.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Possesses a High School Diploma or sufficient knowledge and education to perform job functions.
2. Experience in Dietary Department, large volume food preparation, and service required.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with other staff members, referral sources, residents, their families, and physicians.
4. Has no findings of resident abuse, mistreatment, neglect, or misappropriation of resident property listed on the registry.
5. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.