Independence Village of Avon Lake
The Dietary Aide performs a variety of food service functions in maintaining clean and sanitary conditions of food service areas, facilities, and equipment. The Dietary Aide assists in food preparation and plates food according to dietary guidelines for regular and special diets.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- Strong ability to work independently and manage meal service for 20 residents
- Some food service work experience required
- Great communication skills are required
- Handle, transport, and plate food for residents, guests, and employees
- Plate food according to the planned menu using standard recipes
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing instructions
- Ensures that sufficient food is prepped and/or prepared
- Communicates with supervisor of shortages or outages
- Ensures freshness, cooking status, and proper temperature of all food being served
- Maintain all daily logs, postings, and documentations required for meal services
- Stocks and cleans station for next shift
- Follows proper food rotation policies
- Handles food and equipment according to sanitation policies and procedures
- Operates equipment in a safe manner
- Reports any discrepancies in his/her area to Executive Chef
- Delivers and retrieves food carts to and from satellite kitchens
- Sets up service line and prepare for meal service
- Wash, sanitize, and properly store dishes and utensils from meal services
- Monitors and controls use of soap and cleaning agents in dishwasher
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation throughout work areas
- Performs daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Scrubs and mops floors, cleans, and sanitizes equipment
- Prepares snacks and beverages for between-meal service to residents
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the Executive Chef
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members, and guests
- Knowledgeable of the resident rights, and ensures an atmosphere which allows for privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents in a safe and secure environment
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation
- Present professional appearance by wearing uniform and name tag
- Maintain a positive attitude that supports team performance and productivity
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. It’s this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials