Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
Weekend/Evening Shift Positions Available
3060 SE Stark St.
Portland, OR 97214
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide assistance in all food functions for our residents as directed by the Dietary Supervisor.
- Set up, deliver and serve food as directed.
- Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
- Assist Cook in preparing meals and checking diet trays before distribution.
- Prepare kitchen, food and supplies for the next meal.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas and maintain a clean, dry work environment free of hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Assist in daily cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must obtain Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of employment.
The mission to “enhance the life of every person we serve” extends beyond the patients and residents at Laurelhurst Village, a 159-bed assisted living and skilled nursing community in Portland, Oregon. Their services include: assisted living, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, long-term care, and respite care.
When the team welcomes a new patient or resident, they also welcome the family members into their circle of support.
Their culture of trust and support is also evident in their interactions as a team. Together they earned the Bronze Commitment to Quality Award from the American Health Care Association. This stands as a testament to their goal to provide outstanding quality care.
As part of the Avamere Family of Companies, the team is proud to be named one of Oregon’s most admired companies by the Portland Business Journal.