Hospital Dietary Aid - Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
PRN, as needed
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Wash all dishes, trays and utensils and maintain sanitation of dish room.
- Sweep, mop and remove trash 2 times a day.
- Prepare and organize beverages for tray service.
- Assist with tray service and deliver trays to floors.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of related item and reorder when necessary.
- Assists other team members with tasks when necessary and able.
What You Will Need:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in commercial ware washing.
- Must obtain and maintain current Texas Food Handler Certificate or higher certification within 14 days of hire.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
To assist in the service of meals to patients, cafeteria guests and special functions by: assembling items for tray line, delivering retrieving and washing trays and dishes, and cleaning kitchen.