Assist Dietary Cooks in the preparation and service of meals served to residents by performing the proper procedures as outlined by state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the preparation of food in quantities according to the menu, recipe and number of persons to be served.
- Prepares items such as salads, desserts, garnishes, bread and beverages.
- Serves food to residents as directed.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils according to the proper procedures.
- Washes cooking equipment, such as carts, pots, pans, dishes and utensils as needed.
- Cleans kitchen prep surfaces, sweeps and mops floor.
- Removes garbage.
- Stores food in designated areas as directed.
- Reports any issues or problems that may arise to Supervisor.
- Complies with state and federal sanitation standards.
- Complies with state, federal, and all other applicable health care and safety standards.
- Attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS of this position are generally as follows:
- This position has no supervisory requirements.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Language Ability – Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; Able to write simple correspondence; Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Reasoning Ability - Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple written or oral instructions.
- English Language – Basic knowledge of the English language. Able to comprehend simple instructions in English.
- Safety - Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Organizational Support - Follows company policies and procedures.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; advises for additional resources if needed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Arrives to work/meetings on time.
- Dependability - Completes tasks accurately and on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Pots/pans, cutlery, including knives, forks and spoons, gas/electric stove and/or oven, broilers, steamer, microwave oven, fryer, toaster, blender and other kitchen equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to extreme heat or cold, working or moving mechanical parts, humidity, and danger of burns from stoves and/or hot liquids.
- Associate is occasionally exposed to danger of burns from toxic chemicals.
- The associate is occasionally required to wear protective clothing.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud (vent fans, motors from kitchen equipment, etc.).
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, climb on a step-stool, stand in one place, stoop, kneel or crouch, use hands to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms and smell. The associate is occasionally required to sit.
- The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.