When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others. Named as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 11th time, Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living organization with over 100 years of excellent service, and we’re growing at an unprecedented rate!
Ebenezer Ridges Care Center is part of a full continuum senior care campus, located across the street from Fairview Ridges Hospital, conveniently located at the I-35E and I-35W split in Burnsville, MN. Our Skilled nursing facility host 114 beds between its Long Term and Transitional Care building. Additionally we offer an Adult Day Program, Child Care and Intergenerational Programming, Arbors Independent/Enhanced/Assisted Living, and Arbor Lane Memory Care. All of these communities together offer a true continuum of care for our residents. Winners of both “The Best Nursing Home” award and for several years “The Best Assisted Living” award.
We are looking for a Dietary Aide/Culinary Assistant to support our Skilled Nursing Facility residents. This role is responsible for dining room and tray line meal service for residents, dishwashing, beverage preparation, stocking par levels and general department sanitation.
This Dietary Aide position includes;
- 48 hours in two weeks
- This position is in our TCU unit. Hours are 6:30am-3:00pm. 2 days during the week and every other weekend.
- Meal Service (fills and turns on the steam table, records food temps, delivers food, and water and snack carts to kitchenettes) is completed in a timely manner
- Plate food and dish meals for residents/guests/staff as needed.
- Ensures dining locations, floors and kitchenettes are clean and inviting and properly stocked
- Sets dining tables and clears dishes after meals
- Records temperatures of equipment and notifies appropriate staff if not within normal range.
- Washes, sanitizes equipment, dishes, tables, and work areas using proper safety techniques “as you go” attitude
- Welcomes and promotes positive resident/tenant relations and satisfaction with meal services
- Collects and returns carts for dishwashing
- Other duties such as; answering phones, enter in new admission diet orders and resident order changes, assist with events as needed
- Responds to emergency situations and manage private resident issues with dignity and respect
- Ability to use technology for computer data entry and hand held devices, work phones, printers, and copiers
- Must have good verbal communication skills focusing on customer service
- Ability to interact empathetically and effectively with residents, staff and guests
- Ability to understand and follow cleaning/sanitation, food handling and storage procedures
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Food service experience preferred, but not required
- Customer service work experience preferred, but not required