1. Prepares food items and serves food to Residents within scheduled time frame.
2. Follows menu cycle, noting changes or substitutions made.
3. Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and dining room.
4. Maintains quality of food served, quantity prepared and sanitation of food
5. Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
6. Assures that Resident food needs and preferences are known.
7. Assures staff, Resident, and guest meals are accounted for daily.
8. Maintains meal service records as required.
9. Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with food service and
communicates them appropriately.
10. Observes changes in Resident status, needs, or preferences and communicates
11. Observes other problems and communicates them appropriately.
12. Observes all work, safety, and administrative rules.
13. Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
14. Records Resident information as required.
15. Avoids loss, breakages, and waste of supplies and equipment.
16. Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety,
disaster, security, worker safety and other emergency procedures.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to adhere to assisted living principles in providing services.
2. Ability/willingness to perform all position responsibilities adequately.
3. Ability to prepare and serve a wide range of foods skillfully.
4. Ability to perform and instruct others in food preparation, food serving, and
5. Keeps all information confidential.
6. Maintains acceptable attendance records/follows work schedule.
7. Organizes and utilizes time appropriately toward accomplishing assigned tasks;
requires minimal supervision.
8. Displays cleanliness, good grooming, personal appearance and follows dress
9. Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
10. Ability/willingness to learn new skills and to teach others.
11. Interacts in professional manner with Residents, public, co-workers. Works
cooperatively with management. Displays willingness to assist co-workers when
12. Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), 30 lbs. regularly.
13. Adequate and clear English speaking and writing ability; able to communicate
14. Ability to spend long periods on feet and to ambulate quickly.
15. Is free of non-treated communicable disease.
16. CPR/First Aid Certified within 30 days of employment.
17. Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
18. Ability/willingness to follow all policies and procedures.
19. Is neat, accurate, dependable and keeps work/space clean.
20. Ability/willingness to work longer than average eight (8) hour shift; work holidays
or overtime; to work seven (7) day schedule.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in food
preparation. Demonstrated ability in food preparation and services. Experience in
dealing with older adults and their food needs preferred. 18 24 months experience in a
similar position, CPR/First Aid certified preferred.
Twelve (12) plus years of education preferred. Attendance at mandatory in-service
training. Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Meet in-service training hours required for
job classification and position.