Kennedy Krieger Institute is an internationally recognized institution dedicated to improving the lives of children and young adults with pediatric developmental disabilities and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and musculoskeletal system, through patient care, special education, research, and professional training. We employ over 2,500 supportive, compassionate and committed employees who truly make a difference in the lives of families and play a vital role in our mission to transform the lives of children with disorders of the brain.
We are seeking a Dietary Technician to be an integral part of the nutrition care team. This position is pivotal in acting as a liaison between the Kennedy Krieger Institute and the Food service at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Working under the guidance of the Clinical Nutritionist, the responsibilities of the Dietary Technician include, but is not limited to:
- Must possess and maintain status as Dietetic Technician—Registered (DT-R) from the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). May alternatively possess, in lieu of the DT-R, a Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from an ASCEND-accredited program at a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Clinical care focus is on the neonate, pediatric, and adolescent populations, as well as some adults with disabilities.
- Competence with use of computer applications
- Every other weekend required
- Must possess at least a two year Associates Degree (or equivalent college credits) from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
General experience/exposure to clinical food service management and nutritional care.
Kennedy Krieger offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement, child care subsidies, 401(K) with employer match and interesting professional development opportunities.