Dietary Technician AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
· Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
· Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
· Career growth and advancement potential
Full Time Day Shift, Rotating Weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Monitor patient meals selections to comply with diet orders and the needs of varied diseases, age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Evaluates and monitors the effectiveness and outcome of nutritional interventions and answers or refers questions regarding patients’ nutritional care to a clinical dietitian.
- Communicates with related departments, such as medical and nursing, to optimize nutrition care and monitoring of food quality and delivery.
- Conducts patient rounds to assess adequacy of nutritional intake, appropriateness of diet prescription, and patient satisfaction with meals and meal service.
- Coordinates and conducts periodic tray assessments according to quality standards and diet prescription.
What You Will Need:
- Computer hardware/software skills
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree granted by a U.S., regionally accredited university or college and completion of a dietetic technician program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the Association of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
- Experience as a Dietetic Technician preferred.
- Must be registered as a Dietetic Technician by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Association of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
The Dietary Technician provides food and nutrition services to patients under the guidance of a registered dietitian. Primary responsibilities include conducting routine nutrition assessments; developing and implementing nutrition care plans for assigned patients; providing individualized or group nutrition education; monitoring quality and accuracy of food served to patients; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for practice.