Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
Responsible for the operation, leadership, and management of food and nutrition services in assigned area(s). Utilizes critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to implement quality and cost effective services.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Manages Food & Nutrition services assigned area (s). Implements best practices to guarantee food safety and to improve patient and customer satisfaction. Collaborates with clinical staff to ensure a transparent integration of the Nutrition Care Process.
- 2. Provides value-based leadership to establish high functioning teams and operations in an accountable environment, while managing assigned unit(s).
- 3. Facilitates all human resource functions including: hiring, staffing, training, mentoring, evaluating, conflict resolution, constructive discipline and termination.
- 4. Develops department strategic plans, initiatives, and goals to improve efficiency. Accesses, designs, implements, and evaluates foodservice systems to initiate change and pursue excellence.
- 5. Establishes financial objectives by assisting in budget planning, forecasting, revenue, and measuring productivity while maintaining a viable financial status.
- 6. Coordinates, facilitates, and precepts dietetic and coordinated training and mentoring of students.
- 7. Participates and communicates with staff and interdisciplinary committees to share information, resolve conflict, and provide excellent customer service and ensure continuous quality improvement and compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital requirements.
- Entry Rate: $26.66 + depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes (Medical, Dental, Vision, etc)
- Shift Details: Days
- Department: Culinary Services
- Additional Details: TheDietitian Admin position is a supervisor position that will be over 30 employees with the expectation of handling their schedules and other supervisor duties. This position is located at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden, UT
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition or Dietetics obtained from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Registered with the Commission of Dietetic Registration
- Current food handler's permit
- Certified Dietitian of the State of Utah
- Three years of food service management, clinical dietetics, or quality assurance experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of infant and pediatric formulas, feeding practices, and therapeutic diets.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal abilities, self-motivated, proactive, and visionary.
- Supervisory experience.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university. Education is verified.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Location: US-UT-North Ogden, US-UT-Ogden
Activation Date: Thursday, January 16, 2020
Expiration Date: Friday, February 28, 2020