"One of The Best Hospitals to Work For in New Orleans"- NRC 2018 and 2019 Employee Engagement Survey.
New Orleans East Hospital (NOEH) is a 60-bed acute care facility and we are growing quickly aspart of the LCMC Healthcare system.NOEH services include emergency services, preventive diagnostics, surgical care, cardiology, rehabilitation, imaging, orthopedics, stroke care and more. NOEH also has on-site outpatient physician clinics and a Diabetes Center for the convenience of our patients and staff. Our culture is "True New Orleans" asour CEO was born and raised in our great city.
The hospital has easy access to I-10 and offers plenty ofFREE parking.Our full-time employee benefits include up to 176 hours of Paid Time Off each year, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-term and short-term disability coverage, and 100% employer match on the first 4% of employee contributions to our 403(b) Retirement Plan.
This position will be located in our on-site Diabetes Center which is growing as the demand in our community required more Diabetes education and treatment: https://www.facebook.com/WWLTV/videos/no-east-hospital-diabetes-center/10155660127329926/
Job Summary: Provide comprehensive nutritional care according to the departmental clinical standards of care. Ensures effective lines of communication with internal/external customers to achieve positive customer service and patient outcomes. Act as a preceptor to dietetic interns.
- 1 year clinical dietetics.
- Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or comparable major.
- Registered or Registry-eligible in State of Louisiana.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- 1 year in an acute care environment preferred.
- Successful completion of coordinated program or dietetic internship of 900 or more hours under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian.