Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
There is an exciting opportunity available at Altec to support associates as they use new software to achieve their goals. In this role, you will drive user adoption of enterprise productivity applications (including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365 Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Delve, OneDrive or competitive equivalents) to ensure our organization and individual members of the organization are getting the most out of our digital assets.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications, other enterprise productivity software, and all software integration capabilities.
- Participate as member of Modern Workplace Solutions team to develop and execute business implementation plans and change management plans for new business applications of enterprise productivity software.
- Serve as internal consultant to business groups on how to best use new tools to improve processes and meet individual department needs.
- Support users’ change readiness and adoption through one-on-one mentoring, small group trainings, documentation, and communication as needed.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders as well as outside experts to establish best practices for technology-supported information sharing, collaboration, and performance support throughout the organization, optimizing end user experience and eliminating duplication of systems and efforts.
- Lead and participate in projects related to enhancements to the systems, implementation of new modules, new functionality, and upgrades.
- Track and report progress and lean benefits from new application adoption.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of three years Project Management experience
- Minimum of four years direct business experience in an Altec facility or a minimum of three years Project Management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other enterprise productivity applications required
- Demonstrated ability to employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals, both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for helping others
- Attention to detail, with good organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take strong personal initiative while collaborating with and getting buy-in from stakeholders and end users
- Problem-solving aptitude - Critical and systems thinker; Creative problem solver.
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Motivated, goal-oriented and persistent
- Travel 25 – 50%
- May supervise and direct the work of others.
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Current valid driver’s license
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.