Requisition ID: 64032
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Manager Digital Communications is responsible for developing and maintaining digital tools to enable the company to communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. Areas of oversight include the company’s external and interal-facing website, and its social media platforms. In addition, this individual and his/her team operate as a global Center of Excellence for digital communications, including social media, facilitating best practice sharing and resources.
This role will work closely with regional businesses to define content and channel strategies for digital platforms operating as a key connector and collaborator across the globe. They will also focus on digital communications to engage our workforce, both wired and non-wired.
- Develop and execute a digital communications strategy, optimizing current channels and innovating to stay relevant to evolving audience needs. Activities will support and partner with business unit teams.
- Use appropriate tools to help identify issues important to the company to proactively while also actively finding opportunities for the company participate in.
- Operate as a Digital Communications Center of Excellence, identifying best practices and actively sharing them with regional communications teams. Establish and reinforce common processes and strategies for digital content, including social media.
- Continually measure and assess content and channel effectiveness. Consider new and emerging channels Goodyear should participate in.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
- Degree or concentration focused on Digital desired
- Advanced degree a plus
- Eight to 10 years of experience in Digital Communications
- Proven ability to develop and execute & measure internal and external digital communications strategies.
- Experiencing building websites from a content perspective -- intranet and website.
- Experience successfully managing social media platforms to maximize visibility and engagement.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to connect the dots with global teams
- Strong writing and editing ability for digital channels.
- Expert knowledge of digital measurement tools
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment:Social Media, Communications, Media, Manager, QA, Marketing, Management, Quality