Position: Digital Content Writer/ Manager (Remote Worker)
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Total Hours/weeks: 40.00
Part time position 20 hours per week / between hours 9-5 PM
Digital Content Writer/ Manager (Contract position)
Client Biosciences is looking for an energetic and dynamic Content Writer/Manager to join the Global BDB eBusiness team. This is a contract position in the eBusiness and digital marketing team. In this position, you will work closely with the Sr. Content Marketing Manager to develop scientific and marketing content in alignment with company objectives and branding standards, ensuring a consistent, integrated messaging that guides business buyers along the path to purchase.
• Produce engaging and accurate scientific content that drives visitor growth for the bdbiosciences.com website
• Optimize existing content for search engines
• Copyedit and fact-check short-form and long-form content for grammar, spelling, syntax, substance and flow under tight deadlines.
• Creatively repurpose existing content into alternative formats
• Work closely with internal teams, product marketing, SEO and design teams to develop high-quality content
• Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice for each audience
• Gather background information and research for various scientific topics
• Organize written content, add substantiating evidence and prepare for review
Who You Are:
You’re someone who has a passion for science and writing and wants to help a customer learn and understand not only the BD products but also the science around the products
o Demonstrated success in B2B editorial, content marketing, product marketing or copywriting roles.
o Experience writing for the web and other types of digital content is important.
o Ability to write for a scientific audience in the life science and clinical spaces critical
o Experience getting content approved by regulatory teams
o Detail-oriented and deadline-driven, with very strong project management and organizational skills.
o Ability to take complex ideas or technologies and simplify them for a broader readership.
o Meticulous attention to detail with outstanding writing, proofreading, fact checking and editing skills.
o Understanding of SEO techniques and best practices
o Comfortable juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
o Knowledge of the platform and other products in the portfolio a plus
Education and Experience:
o Bachelors degree in a Life Sciences discipline (minimum; advanced degree preferable). Background in flow cytometry highly valued.
o 5+ years’ experience in digital content, including content creation, editing, analytics and search engine optimization.
Please provide samples of writing especially websites, blogs and social media.