Department: Marketing Job Status : Fulltime
Cycle Gear is in the middle of an exciting period of development and expansion of its marketing programs and is looking for a high energy, well organized designer to lead us to the next level, assist with marketing campaigns and run their own projects independently. You will need to be able to apply a good understanding of creative principles and critical thinking to your projects to thrive with minimal supervision. This candidate should have a strong desire to learn and grow in their creative role and have the ability to adapt to the fast-paced environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the primary day-to-day responsibilities for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Support creative team, with guidance of Graphic Designer to develop solutions that meet marketing campaign objectives and deadlines.
- Work as part of the team, contributing to idea generation and carrying out production of original designs ranging from marketing campaigns to website and digital applications
- Translate creative requests, requirements, and technical considerations into designed solutions that are compelling, engaging, and easy to use
- Keep project on track by meeting incremental milestones and any budgetary or technical constraints
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (Development, Merchandising, Marketing, Media, etc.) to ensure creative execution remains consistent, meets standards, and is on-brand
- Pro-active follow up with said partners to get information and solve problems
- Clearly articulate and communicate conceptual ideas (verbally and visually), and
consider each design project holistically, best understanding how your design solution can be implemented across all forms of media and across all devices and platforms
- Give honest and direct input to critiques while being receptive to critique and direction from others
- Projects and assets to include, but not limited to, email marketing, web design, brand/ui design system, etc.
- In addition to assets for product promotion, also create assets for for new store openings, Bike Nights, on-and-off site events.
- Stay current with necessary programs, software and processes
- Be active in the Cycle Gear culture at large. Stay curious about what makes for excellent design communications and best practices in the current design landscape
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- 3 - 4 years professional or equivalent education in Graphic Design, Interface Design, Interaction Design, or a related design discipline
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working as part of a design team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with leading design software packages (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InDesign, etc...)
- The ability to support projects over the finish line
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Impeccable organizational skills - from filenames to layered files, you make it easy for others on the team to navigate and review your work, or jump in at any time
- Motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy and consistency including adherence to brand standards.
- Attention to detail a must; proofreading experience is a very big plus.
- Willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Motorcycle industry experience a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with off-site teams a plus.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States.
JOB TYPE: Non-exempt/Hourly
Please note this job may cover or contain activities, duties or responsibilities beyond those listed above. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.