Digital Designer (NARS) - (1800033X)
The Digital Designer is primarily responsible for developing creative design solutions from concept to final execution that strategically translate and support NARS brand strategy in the digital environment. The Digital Designer will work on existing digital platform requests as well as on new projects in development, elevating the brand through design with ideas that are sophisticated, iconic, and audacious, and that keep NARS on the cutting edge. He/she will partner closely with other Digital Designers and report into the Senior Digital Art Director. The Digital Designer must be a highly creative individual but with strong understanding and the practical skills to implement concepts. He/she must be a team player who embodies the NARS passion and positive attitude.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop digital design content including: homepage creative, online campaigns, banner ads, email blasts, motion graphics/animation, typographic treatments, etc.
- Support Global Communications with creative for Facebook, Instagram, other international /specific regional social media platforms, creative for blogger outreach, etc.
- Ensure that NARS digital creative remains innovative, artistic, iconic, and stand out vs. competition
- Keep up to date with digital innovation
- Image research
- Support team where / when needed
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders:
- Work closely with other Digital Designers and Senior Digital Art Director to support global digital strategy, calendar launches, department needs, and specific project asks.
- Partner with Global Digital Marketing, US e-com, regional digital teams, Project Management
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Min 2+ years of digital agency / design studio experience; fashion, editorial, digital in-house experience a bonus
- Solid knowledge of Creative Suite (Photoshop, Flash, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge)
- Animation, video, 3D knowledge would be an asset
- Knowledge/understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS and web optimization
- Experience using website administration/CMS tools preferred
- Knowledge of new and emerging platforms such as designing for Facebook, m-commerce, and ability to contribute to all social media channels
- Able to implement online marketing best practices – optimizing designs for click-throughs, sales or other desired actions
- Beauty experience a must; understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige industry a must
- A deep interest in and understanding of interactive design and associated issues
- Ability to ideate strong concepts and demonstrated ability to implement and execute concepts
- Strong passion for fashion, photography, design, typography; A background in ‘traditional’ design disciplines: typography, color and layout preferable.
- Superior attention to detail
- The candidate should be highly organized and flexible and able to think and work beyond the brief.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills; ability to collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Passionate, energetic, positive
- Works well under tight deadlines, is flexible, is reactive
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
New York Office-900 3rd Ave.
900 Third Ave