Our client is focused on the synthesis of dynamic and complex control and autonomous systems, from concept to realization, for a wide variety of prototypes. Prototype applications span various mission areas, such as space control; air, missile and maritime defense; communication and tactical systems; homeland protection; and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance systems. The client has expertise in dynamic stabilization and platform control; advanced autonomy; pointing, acquisition, and tracking; guidance; navigation and estimation; robotics; mapping; intra- and inter-system planning (e.g., swarming); demanding real-time embedded software and firmware control; image processing; machine learning; human-machine interaction; space-qualified electronics; and analog and power electronics. Applied research and development projects include space optical payloads, small satellites, airborne laser radars and imaging systems, and autonomous air, ground, and maritime systems.
The client is in need of a Digital Electronics Engineer to support and develop digital electronics and firmware.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Demanding digital circuit design for control and telemetry applications in all physical environments including undersea, ground, and space. Specific circuit applications include microprocessors, micro-controllers, amplifier controllers, and front-end boards with software, firmware, and cabling. Includes refining electronics architecture to find SWaP efficiencies, defining automated testing strategies, and defining the content of command and telemetry databases.
Responsibilities involve working closely with a small team to define the system architecture, grounding scheme, and requirements based on high-level system requirements and the overall design, perform system trades on possible implementations, perform the electronics design and implementation with documentation, and test of the system running in and controlling the hardware.
Responsibilities also include detailed electronic circuit design and parts selection, printed circuit board schematic capture & simulation such as Mentor Graphics, board layout oversight, board-level test and debugging, firmware and real-time software, documentation, subassembly electrical design, prototype module construction oversight, and test and integration with the overall prototype system.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• MS with 3+ years, or BS with 5+ years of relevant experience in Electrical Engineering designing and implementing advanced digital electronics for demanding physical environments and high-reliability applications such as a space-based, space flight, underwater, or aerospace systems.
• Hands-on real-world experience with the following is required:
• Architecting, implementation, documentation, and testing experience for digital electronics design, firmware programing using VHDL or Verilog, and micro-controller programming.
• Specifying electronic cables with signal integrity considerations
• Specifying circuit & system-level grounding and shielding.
• Familiarity with various types of laboratory instrumentation, including oscilloscopes, waveform function generators, logic analyzers, frequency counters, and meters.
• Experience with design and analysis tools: Mentor Graphics schematic capture.
• Hands-on experience and a strong desire to work on all aspects of electronic system prototype development including architecting, design, analysis, implementation, integration, and test in a laboratory setting of all of the above.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
NOTE: The focus of this requirement is electronic circuit design through hands-on testing. A candidate with ONLY FPGA experience will NOT meet our needs.
Desirable but not strictly required:
• Embedded real-time software development including C/C++, Python, or ROS.
• Experience with GPU algorithm implementation, NVIDIA TX2
• Analog circuit design, implementation, and testing
• MATLAB, Simulink, PSpice, EMI/EMC, discrete power electronics
• Motor drivers, power conversion, high current amplifiers, trans-impedance amplifiers, diode current drivers and regulators, battery conditioning and charging, and various other electromagnetic loads.
• Please note that significant experience in RF or networking/telecom is specifically NOT what this requisition is for
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA 02420
• Travel: Infrequent, approximately once every 4-6 months for a period of 1-2 days
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off