The Digital Experience Office (DXO) is seeking a senior Solution Architect & Engineering Lead. This position, works across all aspects of the DXO capabilities including the DX Platform, including Architecture, Engineering, Communications and Financials, and will be accountable for the comprehensive high-level architecture, functionality, economics and compliance of solution features and components for the digital experience platform and relational capabilities for CRM and Strategic Pricing within the DXO. This position works closely with the global DXO Product Owner to design and create new platform feature components, products and service offerings for the platform. This position will work across platform engineering, Product Teams, Regional Solution and Application Architects, Enterprise Architecture and other key stakeholders to determine requirements and key dependencies for planning and development.
In this role, you will serve as an ‘agent of change’ to design digital building blocks that serve our enterprise strategies and connect the dots across experience platform and ecosystems to deliver unified customer experiences and connected services to our customers and commercial sales & marketing teams.
The Solution Architect & Engineering Lead understands both technical and functional design and brings perspective from all architecture domains (process, application, data, technology and security) into the design and engineering in support of digital content, marketing, search, commerce, identity, profile, preferences and security capabilities. This role will also provide thought leadership across solution architects in CRM and Strategic pricing domains. Utilizing a strong expertise in emerging architecture for headless, microservices, omnichannel, cloud, full stack engineering, PAAS and product operating models, this position ensures the platform and products developed are aligned to digital business architecture standards (target and reference) principles and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
The Solution Architect position promotes the ‘art of the possible’, and driving innovation investments throughout the portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving prioritization and reusability, extension with a product mindset of MVP, continuous design and extension over time.
45% Architecture Planning, Development and Governance
- Develops and maintains DXO solution architecture and principles by leading solution definition, solution architecture reviews, and solution selection efforts
- Acts as part of the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
- Develops and maintains the Conceptual Architecture for the Digital Experience Platform and governs Conceptual architecture across CRM and Strategic Pricing.
- Owns the Logical Architecture for the platform (describing flow and high level physical arch) and governs Logical architecture across CRM and Strategic Pricing.
- Responsible for understanding the strategy across enterprises on the capabilities provided within their portfolio and translating that into an architecture view, recommendations (In partnership with BPs, Enterprise Architects and Portfolio Leads)
- Responsible for the application architecture for all capabilities within DXO and associated roadmap
- Responsible for the data landscape for the DXO
- Responsible for all buy vs. build
- Responsible for governance to the architecture plan
- Ensures portfolio architecture aligns with Enterprise Architecture standards/principles or creates new in partnership
- Responsible for life cycle planning for applications within the DXO include DX platform, CRM and Strategic Pricing.
- Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, data/business intelligence design
- Primary contact for vendors providing technology solutions within the platform (including open source distribution vendors) and escalation contact for CRM and Strategic Pricing.
- Responsible for ensuring Cargill road map items are included in vendor road map.
25% Business Partnership
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Partner with business leadership to understand how DX capabilities will be leveraged as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and solutions to enable business value (e.g. using market insights and innovation and improve customer experience).
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, product design/architecture, tech frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, experience strategists, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate platform capability needs.
- Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
10% Architecture Assurance
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the DXO including managing exceptions against the platform.
- Review new projects/products and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise and solution architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
10% IT Innovation & Delivery
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends and utilizes this knowledge to educate the stakeholders on opportunities to build better target solution architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets and keeps them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Participates in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met
- Provides technical oversight and coaching to others resolving complex and severe technical issues.
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance. With minimal guidance, monitors systems capacity and performance. Leads disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning.
10% People and Budget Management
- Administer/oversees general workforce administration policies and programs in the areas of communications, staffing, training, evaluations, disciplinary actions and safety.
- Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement and through subordinate managers.
- Develop planning for future workforce needs in direct control and participates in the selection of employees. Manages to outcomes across needs in ecosystem (region/partners/business).
- Responsible for developing strong leaders and in a global, diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent. Incorporates diversity in succession planning and job fulfillment.
- Communicate key decisions, Cargill information and other enabling information to team
- Accountable for medium-term outlook workforce planning and for performance management, talent development, succession planning, coaching, and engagement for team.
- Lead and implements systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and identifies/leverages best practices in engagement. Ensure delivery of quality work product by team.
- Responsible for financial management across team and business planning (forecasting, reporting P&L, etc.).
- Participate in the annual business planning process.
- Establish the overall fiscal year budget and pricing/recovery
- Responsible for the Optimization of the TCO
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems OR equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- 15 or more years of business experience with diverse operational, development and business roles
- 5 or more years of experience with business process design and improvement; knowledge of digital content, marketing and commerce solutions
- 7 or more years of experience in an architecture role
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20%
- Experience collaborating with regional and global project or product teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with business case development
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
- Knowledge and ability to support: translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Business fluency in English
- Business strategy development
- Knowledge of all components of enterprise architecture
- Industry certification (Examples include ITIL, APICS, six sigma, etc.)
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in DevOps culture/Agile principles
- Familiarity with modern engineering tools (CI/CD, Source Code Management, Configuration Management, etc.)
- Experience with in-house developed and package implementations.
- Experience with 2+ SAP modules/components