General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The primary role of the Digital Experimentation Manager is to provide leadership for our digital experimentation group. The group is focused on developing new experimentation capabilities for our global businesses by leveraging digital technology platform to assess consumer problems and identify solutions. In addition, the team is responsible for the experimentation execution to support innovation activities at a large CPG (consumer product goods) company.
- Provides thought leadership to establish our consumer facing digital experimentation strategy, partnering with internal teams and innovation coaches to assess needs and establish requirements
- Lead the development and implementation of new digital experimentation tools for problem and solution findings
- Leverage statistical methodology to establish tool validity for business decision making
- Lead a team in the execution of digital advertising campaigns to support early innovation learning
- Establish training plans and provides support on campaign execution to internal employees and teams
- Continuously seeks out industry best practice and skills development to create new capabilities for digital experimentation
- Acts as digital experimentation ambassador within R&D as well as business partners and related functions.
- Acts as change management point of contact to assure optimized adoption
- Implement metrics/scorecards to track the effectiveness, engagement and business impact
- Coach and develop digital experimentation team members
- BS in Science field, including data Science, statistics, or another closely related field Experience analyzing complex data sets and generating insights. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success of managing and growing a team
- Proven experience in building in consumer facing digital experimentation capabilities, including paid social advertising for physical offerings
- Experience in methodology validation thru statistical models.
- Experience successfully collaborating across functions and levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Synthetic thinking skills with the ability to connect the dots between data sets and business relevant insights
- Must be able to collaborate and operate within a large, complex organization
- Ability to operate with discipline while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and sometimes ambiguous environment