Cipher Tech is seeking a Senior Level Digital Forensic VIDEX Examiner, with a TS/SCI w/Poly clearance, to join a team of experts who play a critical role in protecting national security.
This examiner will:
- Provide technical video analysis support for federated, internal, and global external customers.
- Conduct content and technical analysis on video files associated with electronic media.
- Content analysis consists of detailed review of video contents to include: addressing essential elements of information (who, what, where, when, how), identification of any unique identifiers (logos, signage, personal effects, location, and geography), spatial analysis of room / space video recorded in, identification of unique background noise signatures for follow-on analysis. Personnel will be required to analyze graphically violent file content.
- Technical analysis consists of analysis of video / image file types with knowledge of compression and its effects on video quality, resolution, and file structure on a hexadecimal level, analysis of file EXIF data to determine and interpret source, device, GPS, and file MAC times.
- Actively engage with leadership, analyst-peers, and external POCs.
- Assist leadership in definition and establishment of analytic processes and standards.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must hold a TS/SCI w/poly security clearance (no exceptions)
- Must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline in a related field plus 10 years of professional relevant experience
- Or a Master's degree plus 8 years of professional experience
- Or 18 years of professional experience without a degree
- Subject Matter Expert in the field of forensic video analysis
- Understanding of video/image file types, compression algorithms and effects on quality, resolution, and file structure
- Understanding of EXIF properties and ability to determine and interpret embedded metadata
- Understanding of XMP file properties to determine and interpret how metadata applies to production of analyzed video
- Ability to identify specific video segments and related metadata from within an XMP file
- Ability to authenticate analyzed video/image to determine if accurate to purported claims or otherwise modified
- Knowledge and ability to leverage of open source resources to augment video analysis
- Experience in utilizing intelligence analysis approach in file content analysis
- Understanding video digital signal analysis capabilities and requirements
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, EXIF analysis tools, etc.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Ability to acquire and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph
- Must be 8570 IAT compliant at Level II. Any of the following certifications for these levels will be accepted: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, GCIH.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Forensic tool and script development
- LEVA courses or certifications
- Knowledge of EXIF tool, Motion DSP, AMPED FIVE, AMPED Authenticate, or similar software
- Metadata extraction and analysis
- Mobile/Cellular device analysis
- Software development
- Database analysis/development
- Experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, iLook, etc.
- Application analysis
- Malware analysis
- Network forensics
CIPHER TECH IS COMMITTED TO HIRING QUALIFIED VETERANS!
At the core of Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc. (Cipher Tech), you'll find a team of exceptionally talented engineers and software developers who are driven to solve the toughest problems facing national security today. Primarily acting as an engineering service provider, Cipher Tech provides a variety of technical experts to government customers for injection into new or preexisting teams, both on and off customer sites, that are charged with moving the mission forward through applied technology.
Expanding the company's workforce to include a cadre of well-trained digital forensic examiners became a necessity as our military customers, impressed with our forensic software development expertise, asked us to expand the scope of our support.
Today, Cipher Tech provides our customers with a targeted blend of investigative, analytical, and engineering staff all focused narrowly on the field of digital forensics. Embedded directly with the customers we support, we work efficiently and effectively to deliver support for both strategic and tactical mission sets.
Help us meet our customer's demands and find out why we're excited to go to work each and every day.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.