When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Implementations Manager is an integral component performing the heavy planning and coordination for our business sites that need help with the integration of special projects. These projects are often too big for them to handle alone due to scale, matrix interfacing, or the need to be executed on a companywide scale. You will observe site operations identify problems and propose potential cutting-edge solutions. You will help sites coordinate the application and integration of new and exciting transformational products to include new policies and procedures.
The Implementations Manager manages site project management teams and or Implementation Specialists that are responsible for the implementation of AES technical systems, software, hardware or solutions. Oversees and supports multiple site implementation projects. Reviews internal site product demands develops project plans and ensures that implementations are completed on time, within budget, and meets corporate and site expectations. May be involved in pre-deployment product demonstrations or provide assistance in scoping projects or developing proposals. A wide degree of creativity and self-motivation is expected. Travel up to 50% or as required.
What will you do?
- Is an advocate for continuous PPI improvement, identifying opportunities and efficiencies both in company goals/MBO and the wider business, to improve the success of new projects and the overall customer experience
- Administer everyday workflow of all implementation processes and provides technical or administrative coaching and mentoring for site liaison Managers or Manager
- Evaluate all site information reports and ensure achievement of all team objectives and provide progress updates to AES Director
- Accountable for the definition (scoping), planning and delivery of a given implementation or strategic initiative
- Works closely with internal business partners and stakeholders, in a matrix environment, to ensure project results are of the highest caliber
- Builds relationships across site and partner organizations, serving as a subject matter expert on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Collaborate with system integration team(s) and ensure compliance to all BU requirements and ensures appropriate training will meet business needs
- Maintain all project plans and ensure compliance to timeframe and collaborate with stakeholders for all implementation processes
- Quickly develops a deep understanding of site needs and the path to deliver value
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Identifies project risks and ensures mitigation plans are in place, working to resolve or escalate issues a timely manner
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management documents/artifacts.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level. In lieu of degree must have 5-7 years of relative work experience.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate in both technical and business environments.
- Scientific industry experience and knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Project, and SharePoint).
- Solid planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment comfortably.
- Able to travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally, (must be able to obtain a passport).
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.