Professional: Central Office/Specialist
Responsible for training, modeling, and assisting teachers in integrating technology in the classroom to improve student achievement. Support the management of instructional device maintenance and deployment. Acquire and update skills as necessary for effective instructional technology management. Train users in applications on the integration of technology into lesson planning. Coordinate activities of outside vendors, consultants, and trainers. Provide support and efficient data to campus-level personnel. Ensure efficient and effective access to information and related technology to all campus and administrative departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Teaching certificate
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology preferred
- Knowledge of instructional and assessment applications and the K-12 educational environment is preferred
- Must have knowledge and proficiency with Learning Management Systems, PC systems, and desktop applications, Google applications, and Apple systems
- 4+ (four) years of experience in the support of the instructional software applications or working with instructional software in an educational environment is preferred
- 4+ (four) years of experience working with and demonstrating the use of instructional and assessment technology
- Provides teachers with technology tools and training which can be used to achieve Crowley ISD instructional expectations.
- Establishes an environment encouraging creative and independent use of digital learning programs.
- Coordinates and/or provides training to school staff in network and software use.
- Coordinates activities of outside vendors, consultants, and trainers.
- Encourages student development of skills in the use of digital learning resources.
- Models effective use of technology in the classroom and campuses for teachers and students.
- Facilitates the use of existing and emerging digital learning technologies by staff and students.
- Works cooperatively with the campus administration, school staff, the school improvement teams, and the instructional technology office.
- Incorporates principles of district digital learning initiatives into school technology planning. Further, ensures that technology is an integral part of the school improvement plan and supports the school’s curriculum and instructional program.
- Coordinates the use of technology with all district personnel.
- Interprets digital learning programs for staff, parents, and members of the community.
- Develop training modules for instructional technology products and provide training/support on an ongoing basis.
- Implement the policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area of information technology.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend professional growth activities to keep abreast of innovations in information management and technology services.
- Perform any and all duties as assigned.
- Successfully advances district initiatives.
Minimum $58,940 197days
Salary determination will be based on verified relevant work experience.