We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Digital Media Manager reports directly to the Associate Director, Digital and Social and helps create content and manage campaigns, programs and assets for the Human Rights Campaign’s online properties, mostly focusing on HRC’s blog and social media properties, related to the HRC Foundation, volunteers and field work.
- Produce creative content for the organization’s blog and social networking sites.
- Help produce and maintain HRC’s blog.
- Lead on edits, approvals and roll outs for all blog posts.
- Ensure brand integrity on blog and digital platforms.
- Help maintain and enforce editorial style guidelines on all content.
- Assist in the execution of rapid response campaigns.
- Update social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Check support requests and respond to tickets.
- Maintain the integrity and quality of HRC’s online properties through ongoing review and maintenance, quality assurance testing, updating out-of-date content and purging/archiving expired content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with a strong preference for two to four years of experience working on a blog or digital media team.
- Experience working under pressure and managing a diversity of opinions on each project.
- Experience with content management systems, support ticketing systems, blog maintenance, Facebook, Twitter and other social media tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be fluent in AP Style.
- Must be a proactive self-starter.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on routine tasks as needed. Team player and a positive attitude are necessary, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and focus on details and follow-up.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires “on call" evening and weekend work.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, to keep pace with the 24-hour news cycle, and work quickly and accurately.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online.
- Proficient with a Content Management System (CMS).
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop or other graphic editing applications.
- Experience with using the web as a medium for advocacy and social justice.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
*We require a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to apply for this job.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.