You didn't hear?! Mid-States moved to Texas and now we need a dynamic Digital Media Specialist to join us!
Established in 1954, Mid-States Distributing ("Mid-States") is the leading Farm, Ranch and Home Retail Cooperative. Our cooperative consists of 38 independent and privately held, financially sound Farm, Ranch & Home retailers (“Members”) who are committed and loyal to their fellow Members and the betterment of all. The Members have approximately 680+ retail store locations throughout the United States and Canada generating over $7 billion of annual retail sales. Our Members merchandise items such as agriculture parts & supplies, petroleum products, hardware & tools, pet food, lawn & garden, animal health supplies, apparel & footwear, sporting goods as well as other products for the Farm, Ranch and Home.
Mid-States Headquarters and team has relocated to Fort Worth, TX from Mendota Heights, MN and we are excited to add some stellar talent to our already world class team. This new team of Minnesota nice and Texas southern charm will create and deliver profit enhancing, efficiency improving and cost reducing centralized product and service solutions so that our Members and Suppliers optimize and maximize their business potential. Our company continues to experience unprecedented growth.
The Digital Media Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media strategy in order to increase the online presence of our private brands and the Mid-States brand in order to improve our marketing and sales efforts. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work directly with the creative team and will be responsible for all online content, including social media and websites.
- Develop, execute and manage the social media strategy for multiple brands
- Develop a yearly calendar of campaigns and activations
- Collaborate with creative and marketing teams to ideate and create social media content
- Writing copy content for social media and websites, including social media posts, website content, email and blog posts
- Post content for multiple brands to social media and website platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Define most important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content and online conversations
- Measure the success of all social media campaigns
- Create/maintain monthly reports to show activities and progress
- Find and maintain influencer relationships
- Communicate directly with customers by answering customer service questions on email and social channels
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and advise on content optimization
- Develop and monitor corporate communications such as newsletters, mass emails and media
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience as a Digital Media Marketing Specialist or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or relevant field is preferred
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media outlets
- Solid understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Proficient in Adobe CC (specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat), MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of social media best practices
- Digital design talents are a PLUS!
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Creative, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Excellent content writing, customer service and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within a deadline structure
- Familiarity with Constant Contact or mass media communications
Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean office environment.
The job may require occasional business travel for supplier meetings, member visits and tradeshows
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mid-States Distributing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law