The USO of North Carolina, Inc., a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to strengthen America’s service members and their families by connecting them to family, home and country, is accepting applications for the position of Office and Digital Media Manager (ODM).
The USO of NC is looking for an energetic and creative social media leader who can play a critical world in the social presence of the organization while also providing detail oriented management of the State Office in Morrisville, NC (near the RDU airport). In this role, you'll join our team at the ground floor as we work to revolutionize the way North Carolina citizens and businesses understand and engage with the USO of NC. You will work independently but in collaboration with senior management to create and execute strategies for building brand awareness and engagement across a variety of digital channels.
The Office and Digital Media Manager is a highly motivated individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future stakeholders. That passion comes through as she/he engages with them on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
- Turning fans into supporters.
- Turning supporters into advocates and ambassadors.
The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in creating original digital content across various social media platforms while measuring and reporting key performance indicators for social media. The position’s other main duties include serving as the primary contact to those who call or visit the State Office and managing the daily operations of the office and serving as the executive administrative assistant to the President/CEO.
The position is non-exempt, requiring no more than 40 hours/week. Traditional work hours will be between 8:30a-5:30p Monday through Friday, with occasional night, holiday and weekend work required in performing the duties of this position.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to learn from experienced supervisors in an environment that is supportive, fun and rewarding.
Key Social Media Responsibilities
- Support senior leadership to ideate and implement new digital and social campaigns.
- Create digital editorial calendar, craft copy and publish on owned social channels.
- Lead day-to-day social media planning, rollout schedules, and content publishing
- Lead live-tweeting for high profile campaign launches and events.
- Work alongside our Communications and Partnerships and Development teams to deliver partner and donor benefit social content.
- Provide boots on the ground live event and red carpet coverage, supporting senior staff with run of show planning.
- Present data and social conversations into actionable insights and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Define most important social media KPIs.
- Manage, oversee, and evaluate social media content and campaigns.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
Key Office Management Responsibilities
- Perform executive-level, diversified and confidential administrative duties by independently preparing meeting agendas, memos, inventories, reports, and correspondence for the President/CEO.
- Serve as first point of contact by answering and screening phone calls, taking messages and answering questions within capability.
- Maintain all state office documentation, manuals, logs and records while keeping changes up-to-date and forwarding change/amendment information to centers.
- Coordinate busy and shifting office including scheduling and coordinating meetings and/or conferences.
- Attend assigned meetings for purpose of recording, preparing and distributing minutes and reports.
- Prepare business travel and meeting or event packages to include, but not limited to: itinerary, agendas, confirmations, biographies of visitors, and other information as required to ensure success for participating leadership
- Check mail daily and screen mail for executive staff. Log cash and check donations utilizing two-person system immediately upon receipt.
- Manage office security requirements and audits including asset and communication logs.
- Manage, stock, and maintain the state office storage facilities including an accurate inventory of stored items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree with proven expertise in a variety of social media platforms.
- Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling and climbing a step ladder to manage small supply warehouse. Must be able to lift and support weight of 50 lbs in handling supplies.
- Exceptional work ethic, experience in professional setting with executive level exposure in environment requiring confidentiality.
- Use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and communicate with individuals in the United States Armed Forces and their families.
- Ability to clearly articulate the USO of NC Mission in oral and written form.
- Extensive working knowledge of current Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Exemplary customer service, organizational and telephone skills. Ability to prioritize tasks, think independently and strategically with high level of attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation is required.
- Minimum of 3 years familiarity with the military community.
- Previous experience in working with nonprofits a plus.
- Event coordination experience helpful.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently on specific projects.
- Strong proponent of USO of NC’s mission of supporting active military personnel, military retirees and their families.
Salary Range: $42,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Send resume with letter of interest to email@example.com. NOTE: All applicants must have their full application packet submitted by October 15th, 2019. No Phone Calls please.